How To Make Guacamole
Green is healthy but there are very few vegetables which taste good yet being extremely healthy. Avocados is one of such vegetable which won't taste that good if not cooked a proper way. Hence, it becomes quite necessary to know how to make guacamole. Guacamole is basically a Mexican recipe usually used as a dip. This dish can be a great appetizer in very hot summers, when you would wish you eat something very light and refreshing.
Before you learn how to make guacamole, ensure you know how to check ripeness of avocados because if avocados are not richly ripe, your recipe will not taste as good as it can otherwise. Here below is a tasty recipe on how to make guacamole.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 Serrano peppers with seeds
- 1 ripe Roma tomato with seeds
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
Directions on how to make guacamole
- After you are done checking the ripeness of avocados, wash them gently.
- Remove the seed and scoop out avocado flesh gently with the help of a spoon. You can use finely chopped or mashed or pureed avocados depending on the type of guacamole you want to have.
- Add chopped onion, lemon juice, Serrano peppers, Cilantro to mashed avocados.
- Season this mixture with salt and pepper
- Use sliced aroma tomatoes. Do not mash the tomatoes as it destroys its real flavor.
- Use plastic sheet to cover the bowl of the mixture.
- Refrigerate the covered bowl till the time guacamole is ready.
You can enjoy the best flavor of guacamole if you serve it with tortilla chips. Many people use guacamole as a tasty dip for chips, toast and crackers. Although it is not a part of the original recipe, but guacamole tastes amazing when richness is added in addition to its flavor by adding sour cream in it. It must be kept in mind that you cannot store guacamole for a longer period of time. It tastes best within 24 hours, so it is better to eat it when it is cooked. In addition to sour cream, you can also use cottage cheese. Use potato masher to mash avocados, in case you do not have a potato masher then add a teaspoon of butter to make mashing easier.